In order to be certified by CNX Institute as a Certified Information Security Officer you must meet certain experience eligibility criteria:
- 3 or more years experience working in information security, compliance, audit, and/or technology
- At least 1 of the 3 years must include work in the financial services industry
- You may substitute 1 year of experience with a 4-year college degree
CNX Institute provides webinars that discuss content from the exam. Webinars can be purchased individually, but are free for CNX Institute Members.
CNX Institute exams are proctored at different locations at different times throughout the year. Create an account to see the list of upcoming exams and register for the one nearest to you.
The exam will be scored by domain and as a whole. In order for a candidate to successfully pass the exam, the candidate must:
- Pass the overall exam with a score of 80% or higher; and
- Pass each domain within the exam with a score of at least 70% or higher.
If a candidate does not meet both of these requirements (e.g. overall score below 80%, below 70% on any domain), the candidate will not successfully pass the exam and must retake the test.
Once you pass the exam and meet the experience eligibility requirements, you can complete your application.
Continuing education credits and an annual maintenance fee are required to maintain your CNX Institute CISO certification.
Leverage Your Certification
- Update your resume
- Update your Linked In profile
- Produly display your hard-earned certificate